English readers and other languages: Many posts are in portuguese, you can use the Translate button at left side.

Clique nas imagens dos artigos! Elas levam você para o site do artista que a criou e muitas
vezes tem assuntos relacionados ou outras imagens para expandir seus horizontes!

sexta-feira, 13 de abril de 2018

Another Interesting Review about the Ritual Offerings Book





Another Interesting Review about the Ritual Offerings Book


From times to times people comment with me about the areas I wrote at that book. 
Here I will write about a very nice one I received.


But first, just for some background.

From the presentation of the book in Nephilim Press:

"...Ritual Offerings unites 12 practicing occultists who share their knowledge and experience with this fascinating and important subject..."


Few years ago Aaron Leitch started this great project and someway he found my ideas was suitable to be together with the works of some of the most know people at Western Magick.



The contributors include:
Aaron Leitch: Introduction: Magickal Offerings in Western Occultism
Aaron Leitch: Liber Donariorum: The Book of Offerings
Zadkiel: The Elements of Making Offerings: The Offering as Sacrifice
Bryan Garner (Frater Ashen Chassan): Whispers From a Skull: Lessons in Spiritual Offerings From a Conjured Familiar
Brother Moloch: Ancestors & Offering
Frater Rufus Opus: The Back Yard Path Toward the Summum Bonum
Denise M. Alvarado: Ritual Offerings in New Orleans Voudou
Jason Miller: Severed Head Cakes and Clouds of Dancing Girls: Offerings in Tibetan Buddhism
Nick Farrell: Offerings in Roman Deity Magic
Sam Webster, M.Div., Ph.D., founder OSOGD: Offerings in Iamblichan Theurgy
Chic Cicero and Sandra Tabatha Cicero: Ritual for the Declaration of Maa-Kheru
Gilberto Strapazon: Offerings in Ceremonial Magick and African Traditional Religions



Each one of the others are well known at the occult areas and have a long time of practice and study and are truly skilled in their areas at most top levels.

As people like some information, yes, every one of them have a long time at most known occult orders and magick areas, plus a lot of occult groups nobody even think to exist (I won't cite Illuminati for sure... LOL).
All of them are Masters in their own right, with a formal and solid work, with their own path and working groups too.

So thanks to the internet, I knew and had contact with many of them, learning a lot and sharing knowledge for years, even since some two decades posting at online forums and groups in many countries.

Be sure to have my experience to become part of this work was a true gift for me too.




What I did and why I wrote that material: 

I'm worried with the mixings among many magic and spiritual areas.

I see this every day.

Be sure I did it too and learned a lot for sure. Tears and blood included, no kidding.

I have seen people going after "easy results" or just because not checking sources, to be mixing ATR (African Tradional Religions) with others areas.

First, ATR is a really fantastic area. But is not all. And it's not for all. I fully respect the decent priestes, the nice people who do a very nice work. I just had a lot of time at the darkest and corrupted areas too and that is what many people will find easy due lack of knowledge about the area as few comment how some things works.


And to be clear, what I wrote is very related to "any mixings" among practices, so is not only muxings with ATR.
Repeating: what I wrote apply to any mixing of areas. For example, western pagan fairy magick with Tao or anything else. Be sure something won't work at that.

Each area has a reason to exist and not all times what appears to be alike means to be the same.
 There are lots of works, blogs, websites, books, artcicles at magazines presenting "spells" and dirtorted information that is result of such mixings.


Currently I see this happens with every possible magick and spiritual areas, Grimoires, Pagan, Viking, Tao, Buddhism, Reiki, and even in Evangelic churches!

I'm very serious about some churches and there's lot of funny videos from some evangelic churches where what they are doing is 100% ATR, but people think that was because "Jesus". No way! That's ATR work (or other source) and with results common people are not aware about the troubles to happens later. And some of such priestes are using that sources on purpose, I say, some churches and other groups are doing secret works too to manipulate people. This to say a minimun.


An Example Not So Simple To Deal

A simple result of such mixings is the idea many people will find about "baths". What is easy to find anywhere is the stupid comment to "do not wash" your head with salt or even herbs.
That is always 100% because ATR forbid this to people who are formally initiated. SO this does not apply to all the other people! Please, wash your head when you do such spiritual baths and avoid a lot of future troubles for yourself!
For people at Solomonic areas, just remember the grimories are clear about full bath, including head.
Here's an article on purpose:
Do Thick Salt Bath or Herbal Bath Over Your Head?
This is a very simple example. Just a wrong done bath can make a mess at one's life.
Be sure, 100% of times, no exceptions, including some authors from areas as different as "Reiki" who are speaking to not to wash your head, I always found that everyone has or had more intimate contact with ATR and have no other source to cite. Ok, some are so stupid to say "there was formal studies about..." Guess what? I went after that and found 100% their study sources was ATR and most of them was part of some ATR group too before. Yes, I took time to check such sources always. Dot.
I'm commenting only a minor part of the text for that book, but see how something that appears "so simple" as a herbs or salt can result in troubles? (please, read the above linked text for this)


This was my writing work at that book. For curiosity, the biggest chapter at the book. 
The original material for sure was edited and we needed to cut a lot. From some 70 to +30 pages. And still I have material for near 500 pages.  May be a future work?  


Some Good Results


We already has some very nice reviews about that work and is great to see people get the idea about how to improve their magick works.

The grimoires just cite how to make tools and what prayers to do. Same at many other areas.
Most lack to comment "how to work". And here's another idea for this book. How to improve the methods at any magick area and get more results of that.




A Very Interesting Review


It is always good to hear about how our work has helped people.


This came from someone who contacted me and someway our work helped him.


Here's the review at Amazon: (click for source)


"Great book, helped provide life altering insight


A great and useful book with tons of useful info that, applied correctly, will help move the western magical tradition forward... or perhaps, arguably, backwards... but in a GOOD way... by bringing it back to it's pre-revival/reconstruction roots. Anyways, great book, and in a way unconnected, but equally important, to that last statement, one I credit with saving my life in a spiritual and material way.

Sounds dramatic, but I am quite serious. Basically, I was in an ATR (African Traditional Religion) that had gone in a very bad direction, and really had even before I was initiated into it. The situation, as best as I can see it (with clarity now)is that people entering it would be helped with a few issues... and then, almost imperceptibly, over time, their lives would go down hill... drama, trouble, broken relationships, a lack of prosperity etc etc etc etc etc... but this would happen in a way similar to that concept that a frog being dropped into boiling water will jump out automatically, but one placed in water that is slowly heated to boiling won't know his goose is being cooked until it is too late.

I was almost that frog/goose... but: the quick version is that something nudged me to get this book (and the one I got was the original printing hardback... so it was expensive, especially for me at that moment in time)... and then something nudged me to read, and re-read, and pay extra special attention to one particular entry :
"Offerings in Ceremonial Magick and African Traditional Religions" by Gilberto Strapazon
This particular essay describes, amongst other thins, everything that can go wrong in the ATRs in terms of corrupt priests, spirits that pose as one thing but are actually another, etc etc etc... and the problems that this can bring into the life of those caught up in such a situation.
reading and re-reading this started to wake me up, a little bit, to some of the ways in which I had been conditioned in and by the mess I had got caught up in... and mess is an understatement, as my life had gone to hell in a hand basket. I ended up getting a reading from Gilberto, something that I was also nudged into by some unseen force looking out for me that was doing it's best to communicate with me through all of the negative noise that had taken over my so-called life. The one-two punch of this essay and the reading I purchased from Gilberto further opened my eyes... though it still took a long time for all the info and truth to sink in (It's sad to admit this, but I had been heavily conditioned and brainwashed, via spiritual social means), but it eventually did. I left that house, and have felt a tremendous weight of sorrow, confusion and trouble lifted off of my shoulders.
As such, I am grateful for this book, and particularly the inclusion of that essay, and the book occupies a place of honor high up on my book shelf.

I recommend that anyone getting involved in, or already involved in spiritual work get and read this book, and particularly that essay, it just might save you a lot of trouble."


Wow!

Thanks for that and wish so many people discover more about how we can use offerings without being caught at traps, but to use the better of the magick art to improve their works. 


P+ 
13/04/2018


PS - As usual, sorry for bad english. The funny is people have been able to understand it.


.'.

Consultas e Trabalhos em Magia - Portuguese text


Readings and Magic Works - English text


.'.








Sem comentários: